Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

%3E Proposal for Japanese nation politics, proposal for various elements of Japan
youimcolo
 Posted: May 5 2015, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 96

Considering how Japan is a country with strong political limitations to how much they can expand their military, I was thinking that a Player controlling Japan being able to build a "offensive weapon" such as a air craft carrier from the get go would be akward to say the least. Therefore, I propose that there be a country flag set on Japan, sort of like the naval treaty flags in the HPP mod, but only for Japan prohibiting the creation of units such as bombers, ballistic missiles and aircraft carriers, or basically any weapon Japan is capable of producing, but cannot due to its constitution and internal politics.

For gaming purposes, I also propose that a political desicion be included for the Player/AI to be able to remove this flag, though with severe if not crippling side effects to the nation depending on the global situation.

For example, if a player were to activate the desicion at peacetime, with no significant threats, and without a outstanding support of the standing party (which would have to be at least market liberal if not further right, or a far left party), the consequenses would be a large amount of desent, a large amount of threat gained, and a significant blow to foreign relations.

However, if the player/AI were to activate the desicion when;
a) there is a major war taking place in the world in which Japan's ally (aka. America) taking part.

http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif There is a second Korean war, and South Korea is losing

c)There is a significant threat, and there is a strong support (60%+) for a right wing party/far left wing party in control

d)There is a hostile nation on Japanese soil

then there would be a far smaller penalty for the country.

I believe that adding this desicion, though making Japan a harder country to play, would allow the player further immersion into playing as Japan.
PM
^
youimcolo
 Posted: May 5 2015, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

I'm sorry that I cannot add any actual programming stuff like codes for the game, as I am far from being "tech savvy".
PM
^
timasaurus007
 Posted: May 8 2015, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 94

That's a great idea!

Regarding the foreign relations blow, perhaps just limit it to NATO countries and China, South & North Korea.
PMEmail Poster
^
youimcolo
 Posted: May 9 2015, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (timasaurus007 @ May 9 2015, 08:49 AM)
That's a great idea!

Regarding the foreign relations blow, perhaps just limit it to NATO countries and China, South & North Korea.

In that case, then perhaps there could be a option for NATO countries to either agree/disagree with the "rearmnament" of Japan, since Japan is quie known for it's check book diplomacy.

The desicions for the event could be either:
a) "They're finally pulling their weight"
with a foreign relations bonus of 10~25 with Japan

b) "This is a serious threat to world peace"
with a foreign relations decrease of 10~25 with Japan

Needless to say, I don't believe China and either Korea should get the first option, considering that when it comes to military issues with Japan, they seem to have a trend of being against anything of the sort
PM
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: May 9 2015, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I like this idea, we shall see how can this be implemented with perhaps a similar system for Germany.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Mod Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins