Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

%3E Regarding Air Cav, Discussion of the regiment Air Cav
timasaurus007
 Posted: May 19 2015, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

Hello, I wish to bring up the issue of Air Cavalry, a unit in the mod. It goes extremely fast and can easily encircle and annex countries rapidly, over 20 speed. I would understand this if it was nerfed or had a trade off in some way, but comparing statistics, infantry and Air Cavalry are the same combat-wise, so there is no point of actually building any unit besides Air Cavalry since it is just as good as infantry, faster then armour and can easily utilise invasions extremely rapidly!

I recommend making Air Cavalry a cheap paratroopers regiment, with paratroopers being the SF variant, Air Cavalry can be the Air Infantry that is infantry, but weigh a bit less and can go into transport aircraft with a minor trade off to organisation/strength/soft attack or something of the sorts. You could also do this, but instead of just Transport Helicopters, use transport Helicopters that can rapidly deploy these divisions, so have the Transport Helicopters have low organisation, but high regain so helicopters aren't as long to regain organisation, but they also gain it quicker.

Just my two cents, if more players could state their opinions, I feel it would refine the issue, if you have other regiments you wish to state needs nerfing/buffing or something of the sorts, feel free to state so.
PMEmail Poster
^
youimcolo
 Posted: May 20 2015, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 96

I also agree that there would be no real point to produce regular infantry instead of Air infantry except when playing countries that cannot afford the IC for them.

One solution I can think of is separating the Transport helicopters and the troops they are carrying (making the transport helicopters a separate unit), as the actual manpower of the transport helicopter unit can easily be replaced by any other troops, since the whole concept of the "air cavalary" is to have the ability to be able deploy them rapidly.
Of course, then the issue arises of allowing the troops to board the helicopters in a province that does not have a airport, but I believe the same system that allows troops to board transport ships in provinces without ports can be applied to the transport helicopters (unless that is not moddable, then I guess my whole suggestion is rendered moot)
PM
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: May 21 2015, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Yes, there is indeed a balance issue with AC and we are looking into ways to solve this. Thank you for your suggestion we will take it into consideration http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
timasaurus007
 Posted: Jun 2 2015, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 94

Thanks for looking at my feedback! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Mod Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins