Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

%3E Game crashing [BETA 4]
General Donut
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

I'm having the exact same problem, mod crashes at initializing maplogic - done all the suggested things, re installing vanilla and mod, clearing cache etc... I also have the collection version. It looks like Wafer got it too work but doesn't say how? Any help would be appreciated http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've split your post from the other topic...

QUOTE (General Donut @ Jun 8 2014, 06:49 AM)
I'm having the exact same problem, mod crashes at initializing maplogic - done all the suggested things, re installing vanilla and mod, clearing cache etc... I also have the collection version. It looks like Wafer got it too work but doesn't say how? Any help would be appreciated http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Please provide the following information:

- Which operating system you have.

- Does you game have any mods installed?

Also, please tell me if you have the map.bin file in the following folder: \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\MWM

Thanks.
PM
^
Luxion
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

I also have this problem and have done what is suggested and it hasn't helped. I do have the map.bin file in the right place, and am on win7 with no hoi3 mods installed. I have the collectors edition.
Please help.
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (Luxion @ Jun 9 2014, 03:26 PM)
I also have this problem and have done what is suggested and it hasn't helped. I do have the map.bin file in the right place, and am on win7 with no hoi3 mods installed. I have the collectors edition.
Please help.

Where was this "Collector's edition" purchased from?
PM
^
Rusher
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Having a similar problem its crashing when its creating Caches.
PM
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (Rusher @ Jun 9 2014, 09:08 PM)

Do you also have the collector's edition?
PM
^
General Donut
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Jun 8 2014, 04:29 AM)

Also, please tell me if you have the map.bin file in the following folder: \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\MWM

Thanks.

Yeah I got Windows 7 Proffessional, no other mods, though I did have the WW1 mod which also failed to load on initializing map logic. That is since long gone after multiple re installs of vanilla and modern warfare in attempt of solving it. Amd yeah the map.bin file is there.

The collectors addition is from steam.
^
Rusher
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Jun 9 2014, 04:29 PM)

No i have the up to their finest hour its the regular DLC from Steam.
PM
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (Rusher @ Jun 10 2014, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Jun 9 2014, 04:29 PM)

No i have the up to their finest hour its the regular DLC from Steam.

In that case please post your own topic so that we don't get all of these cases mixed up together.
PM
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (General Donut @ Jun 9 2014, 11:09 PM)

Thanks.

Yeah I got Windows 7 Proffessional, no other mods, though I did have the WW1 mod which also failed to load on initializing map logic. That is since long gone after multiple re installs of vanilla and modern warfare in attempt of solving it. Amd yeah the map.bin file is there.

I suspect there is an issue that is specific to the collector's edition. This might require a bit of brain storming to solve and see why it happens... for this I will need us to communicate via Skype so that I can check various things by screen sharing.
PM
^
General Donut
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Jun 10 2014, 09:32 AM)

Thanks.

I suspect there is an issue that is specific to the collector's edition. This might require a bit of brain storming to solve and see why it happens... for this I will need us to communicate via Skype so that I can check various things by screen sharing.

I question whether the collectors 'edition' is actually a different version of the game, or just essentially a bundle of the standard game and its various DLC packs offered by paradox? I suspect it is to do with how the various items of DLC relate to each other and the mod. In my listed dlc 'collection' as purchased, aside from sprite packs, music packs and mini expansions (which I doubt are related), are the following items:
- Hearts of Iron III: For the Motherland
- Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi Expansion
- Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour

I've been unisntalling and reinstalling multiple times with different items and combinations of dlc selected for additional installation each time to test if some 'combination' will work with the mod. So far I haven't one which will work. What I have found is that without any dlc, my hearts of iron III will play fine, if I then install JUST TFH, it will not start at all (I have since learned that each dlc iteration requires all previous itterations to be installed to work). If I then install FTM, I just get an abnormal program termination error quickly after launch. Once I install the Semper Fi expansion, it all works fine again. Final Checksum is GSKH.

I then launch the installer for the MW mod, and select the path, for the Hearts of Iron III game, and install it. After it is installed I launch the vanilla game and it loads and works fine except for the absence of all countries (as expected due to the mod). I then exit and launch with the mod enabled. It again crashes on the loading screen at 'Initializing Maplogic.' Perhaps it isn't anything to do with the dlc afterall.

Well I've found a few ways not to make a lightbulb at least. Do you have any ideas? What process actually happens at initializing maplogic, what folders and files are involved?
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (General Donut @ Jun 10 2014, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Jun 10 2014, 09:32 AM)

Thanks.

I question whether the collectors 'edition' is actually a different version of the game, or just essentially a bundle of the standard game and its various DLC packs offered by paradox? I suspect it is to do with how the various items of DLC relate to each other and the mod. In my listed dlc 'collection' as purchased, aside from sprite packs, music packs and mini expansions (which I doubt are related), are the following items:
- Hearts of Iron III: For the Motherland
- Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi Expansion
- Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour

I've been unisntalling and reinstalling multiple times with different items and combinations of dlc selected for additional installation each time to test if some 'combination' will work with the mod. So far I haven't one which will work. What I have found is that without any dlc, my hearts of iron III will play fine, if I then install JUST TFH, it will not start at all (I have since learned that each dlc iteration requires all previous itterations to be installed to work). If I then install FTM, I just get an abnormal program termination error quickly after launch. Once I install the Semper Fi expansion, it all works fine again. Final Checksum is GSKH.

I then launch the installer for the MW mod, and select the path, for the Hearts of Iron III game, and install it. After it is installed I launch the vanilla game and it loads and works fine except for the absence of all countries (as expected due to the mod). I then exit and launch with the mod enabled. It again crashes on the loading screen at 'Initializing Maplogic.' Perhaps it isn't anything to do with the dlc afterall.

Well I've found a few ways not to make a lightbulb at least. Do you have any ideas? What process actually happens at initializing maplogic, what folders and files are involved?

I don't really know, the only ppl who seem to have a real problem with the mod are the one's who have the collector's edition. Something about it must be working differently... http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Map | Next Newest »

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins