Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

%3E Mod won't start, Game won't launch
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 15 2014, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

Greetings,

So today I downloaded the Beta 5 of the modern warfare mod.
I also bought "Their finest hour" to be sure that the mod would be compatible with the game. So after installing the DLC and the mod I try to start it. It gives me this screen
http://gyazo.com/30b48671442990bd4d690d5d98409e19
So I can't select any mod. This screen is the same for starting it with and without tfh.
When i click Start Hearts of iron III it just closes and does nothing.

So is there a fix for this?

Anyways thanks for making a good looking mod I hopefully will be able to play in the near future.
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Dec 15 2014, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Where is the base game installed on your PC? This happens because the game does not see the mod... did you select the correct folder when installing the mod?
PM
^
clad1000
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

sorry for my little English.

I have the same problem.

user posted image
PM
^
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Dec 15 2014, 05:14 PM)
Where is the base game installed on your PC? This happens because the game does not see the mod... did you select the correct folder when installing the mod?

Yes, I have installed it into the correct folder. My steam games are all installed to my D: drive, so my HOI game is located at : 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hearts of Iron 3'.
I don't know if it is of any importance, but when I checked the location of the mod, I did not find it in 'Hearts of Iron 3\mod' but in 'Hearts of Iron 3\tfh\mod'.
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

No, you are supposed to install the mod to the root folder, so when the installer asks for the folder to install to select this: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hearts of Iron 3
PM
^
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Dec 18 2014, 04:58 AM)
No, you are supposed to install the mod to the root folder, so when the installer asks for the folder to install to select this: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hearts of Iron 3

Yes I did that, but then it installs into the tfh folder. I shall try to move the mod folder to the root folder manually.
^
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 19 2014, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (gerrit @ Dec 18 2014, 05:22 PM)

Yes I did that, but then it installs into the tfh folder. I shall try to move the mod folder to the root folder manually.

No luck with this method.
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Dec 20 2014, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (gerrit @ Dec 19 2014, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (gerrit @ Dec 18 2014, 05:22 PM)

No luck with this method.

Just reinstall everything again from scratch and THEN install the mod again but make sure to point the installer to the Hearts of Iron 3 folder.
PM
^
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 22 2014, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

So I deleted the entire Hearts of Iron 3 folder inside the steam folder and installed the game again. Then I continue to install it and when I try to open up the launcher it tells me that tbb.dll is missing.
So now I tried to run the different launchers and dlc as administrator but still no luck.
The tbb.dll is missing error only pops up with Their finest hour, and when I try to play the vanilla it opens up but with a blank map.
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Dec 23 2014, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

This is obviously not an issue with the mod...
PM
^
gerrit
 Posted: Dec 25 2014, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Dec 23 2014, 12:23 PM)

Possibly, but this error started when I installed the mod. When I delete the game and place my backup the game is back to vanilla and then it works fine.
Could it be that the mod triggers something in the game itself causing it not to work?
^
PlayerHOI
 Posted: Dec 25 2014, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Mod Creator

QUOTE (gerrit @ Dec 25 2014, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (PlayerHOI @ Dec 23 2014, 12:23 PM)

Possibly, but this error started when I installed the mod. When I delete the game and place my backup the game is back to vanilla and then it works fine.
Could it be that the mod triggers something in the game itself causing it not to work?

I highly doubt that...
PM
^
Grautbakken
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

Still no solution here? I have excactly the same issue, even tried manually downloading tbb.dll and putting it in the root HOI3-folder, but no luck
^
Mansur Idris
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

your "their finest hour" DLC doesnt work alone.
You need at least " Semper fi Expansion" and "For the motherland" DlC to have the "Their findest Hour" work.
^
HOI3 Player
 Posted: Jul 22 2015, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

I installed the mod in D:/HOI3 but launcher is not recognizing the mod. When I try double click on hoi3_tfh (http://prntscr.com/7vni7y) I get this message : http://prntscr.com/7vnigb

What should I do?
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Installation | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins